Creative Inquiry Forums

A place to discuss Full Presence Mindfulness, Time Space Knowledge and more

Reply To: INITIAL SENSE IMPRESSIONS GIVE RISE TO SHAPE AND FORM

Home Forums Other (non-Buddhist) teachings by Tarthang Tulku INITIAL SENSE IMPRESSIONS GIVE RISE TO SHAPE AND FORM Reply To: INITIAL SENSE IMPRESSIONS GIVE RISE TO SHAPE AND FORM

Michael Gray

This morning, working with TSK exercise 9 (mind, body, thought, emotion interaction while attending to the observer/participant), I was wondering what it would feel like to really enter into the space between each of these recognizable facits of my experience.  Then I wondered what it will be like to lose my body when I die.  Will there still be something like a mind that thinks and feels emotions?  Will there be an observer who can participate in whatever kind of experienc may survive the loss of my body?

I realize that I can’t affect what may replace my present embodiment, if anything does in fact arise,  which might be comparible to my present experience.  But I keep thinking that I would like to do whatever is possible now, to strengthen the possibility that I can leave here with some confidence that I have done what I am meant to do here.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Michael Gray.